- Ph.D. in Economics, UCLA, 2003
- M.A. in Economics, UCLA, 2000
- B.A. in Economics, University of Chile, 1995
- Ingeniero Comercial, University of Chile, 1995
- Lecturer in Economics, College of Professional Studies, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (July 2018-present)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Economics, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, Medford, MA (September 2016-present)
- Senior Researcher, Applied Economics Clinic, Somerville, MA (April 2018-June 2019)
- Assistant Professor of Economics, International Business School, Brandeis University. (July 2010-May 2018)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Indiana University. (August 2003-May 2010)
- Research Assistant, Department of Economics, UCLA. (July 2002-Sept. 2002)
- Teaching Fellow; Teaching Associate; Teaching Assistant; Reader, Department of Economics, UCLA. (Sept. 1999-August 2002)
- Economic Advisor, Ministry of Economy, Republic of Chile, Santiago. (Sept. 1994-July 1998)
- Instructor, School of Economics and Management, University of Chile, Santiago. (July 1995-July 1998)
- Instructor, Central University; Cardinal Raul Silva Henriquez Catholic University; Guillermo Subercaseaux Institute of Banking Studies, Santiago, Chile. (July 1994-July 1998)
- Research Assistant, Department of Economics, University of Chile, Santiago. (October 1993-Aug. 1994)
- Research Assistant, CIEPLAN (Economics Research Corporation for Latin America), Santiago. (August 1992-Sept. 1993)
- Teaching Assistant, School of Economics and Management, University of Chile, Santiago. (Mar. 1991-June 1994)
- Number of Citations: +1,800 (as of June 2019), Google Scholar
- Ranked among the Top 200 Young Economists in the world by Ideas/RePEc (2012, 2013)
- Currently Ranked in the Top 10% of authors on SSRN by all-time downloads
- IU-CLACS International Travel Award, 2006
- Trustees Teaching Award, Indiana University, 2005
- UCLA Year Dissertation Fellowship 2002-2003.
- Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation (IGCC), University of California, Dissertation Fellowship 2002-2003.
- Winner Graduate Student Competition, Empirical Investigations in International Trade (EIIT), 2002.
- FACEA Award to the Best Student in Economics Graduated from the University of Chile (1995)
- ICU Award to the Best Ingeniero Comercial Graduated from the University of Chile (1995)
Invited Seminars: The World Bank (Washington, DC), The Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC), The Federal Reserve Bank (Atlanta, GA), Georgetown University (Washington, DC), University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign, IL), Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY), London School of Economics, DESTIN (London, United Kingdom), Erasmus University (Rotterdam, the Netherlands), Emory University (Atlanta, GA), Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, GA), Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA), University of Texas (Arlington, TX), Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Trondheim, Norway), Florida International University (Miami, FL); and others.
Conferences: North American Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society, International Industrial Organization Conference, Canadian Economics Association Annual Meeting, Eastern Economic Association Annual Meeting, Midwest International Economics Meeting, Midwest Economics Association Annual Meeting, Midwest Macroeconomics Meetings, Empirical Investigations in International Trade Conference, Latin American Meeting of the Econometric Society, Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association Annual Meeting, Southern Economic Association, and others.
- Citizenship: U.S.A.
- Languages: Spanish, English